Beginning Knit Designers Webring

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm going to be published!

I just found out that a design I submitted to Mag Knits was accepted for their February issue. Yay! I think that Mag Knits is a great place to start submitting designs for a couple of reasons. First, they've just gone to publishing monthly so they have room for many more designs than the quarterly publications. Second, the editor, Kerrie, is very quick to respond as to whether or not she wants your design. I heard back from her two days after my submission, which is great when most of the mainstream publications (including Knitty) can take months to respond.

Speaking of Knitty, they just raised the honorarium they give to designers from $50-$75 to $75-$100. Submission deadline for their spring issue is Feb. 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home